Greenlight Networks is an ultra-high-speed, broadband service provider, offering residential and small business customers Internet speeds up to a Gigabit per second. Based in Rochester, NY and founded in 2011, the company builds, owns and operates its fiber-optic networks to provide amazingly fast Internet connections to its customers.
We’re building one of the fastest networks in the US so that users can experience the future of broadband. Our customers are passionate about getting the fiber-optic, Gigabit Internet service we provide, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who are just as passionate about providing an amazing customer experience and building an amazingly fast network. Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join our team!
Position: Customer Support Concierge
Greenlight Networks’ Customer Support Representative will help develop, refine, and manage the rapid growth of our ultra-high-speed, fiber-optic Internet service, providing a best-in-class experience for our customers. This individual will be our customers’ liaison to all aspects of the company’s network and operations, including construction, installation, maintenance, general billing, sales inquiries and service of our fiber-optic network.
The position is responsible for answering our customers’ basic computer and networking questions along with supporting customer billing and sales inquiries. This position will work on the administration, installation, testing and other tasks related to the maintenance of clients to ensure a positive customer experience. The successful applicant must have a strong understanding of home networking equipment and PC troubleshooting along with the ability to answer general customer service questions. Additionally, the position will require interaction with customers, with communication via the phone, email and in person.
Local travel to customer premises may be required.
This is an non-exempt position and included in our on-call rotation schedule.
Essential Job Functions
- Responding to inquiries from customers and installers, etc. to provide basic technical assistance and customer service support.
- Troubleshoot customer connectivity issues over the phone and by email as well as in person.
- Compile and maintain all necessary documentation on customer interactions. Provide all reports in a timely fashion.
- Clear, concise and accurate communication with customers regarding technical issues as well as assisting customers with billing and inbound sales inquiries.
- Support field personnel with in-home installations and service calls.
- Perform other assigned and related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong PC hardware and software skills.
- Home networking experience is beneficial.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
- Interest in learning all aspects of designing, constructing, and operating a Gigabit, fiber-optic network.
- One year previous customer support experience preferred.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- To start and for training, schedule will be 8:00am-5:00pm with a 1 hour lunch break. After team member is fully trained, hours may change to include evening shifts and possible weekend hours as our business expands.
- On-call personnel are scheduled in advance to respond to all escalations that may occur at times outside standard business hours. It is the expectation that the scheduled on-call team member will be accessible by phone and readily available to address the issue in need of escalation. Further, the team member must have access to a computer, the internet, and those standard tools necessary to troubleshoot the escalation.
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.